Rodney R. Moy, Managing Partner
In working with real estate developers and owners, HMS Law Group LLP approaches its advice with an eye on the big picture, while maintaining a detail-oriented style of problem solving.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
Informed strategy is a key component of competent real estate decisions. HMS can assist with:
- Acquiring and selling real estate portfolios
- Document negotiation and preparation
- Lease review and lease negotiation
- Financing portfolio acquisitions through joint ventures with the seller
- Facilitating traditional asset-based financing and the securitization of portfolio assets
HMS has experience assisting both lessees and lessors with negotiating and preparing office, industrial, medical, and retail lease agreements. HMS also has experience with dispute resolution in the landlord-tenant relationship, such as common area maintenance charge disputes and fair market rental value disputes.
Real Estate Finance
HMS can assist with a number of real estate financing matters, including:
- Structuring, documenting, and negotiating a variety of secured financing transactions for all classifications of real estate assets
- Acquiring outstanding loans
- Packaging and disposition of individual loans and loan portfolios
Real Estate Development
HMS attorneys are experienced in matters common in real estate development, including creation and enforcement of covenants, conditions and restrictions; drafting easements; rights of way; development agreements; construction contracts and consultant agreements.
HMS can assist property owners and lenders with structuring equity, debt and reorganization transactions by striving to join real estate investors with sources of capital for commercial, industrial, retail and residential real estate projects.
HMS has experience assisting property owners with workout options, including:
- Negotiation and pre-litigation counseling
- Assessing and analyzing default situations
- Outlining client options
- Implementing client’s strategic choices while keeping the future in mind should workout options fail