Rodney R. Moy, Managing Partner
A construction project is often one of the most complex endeavors a company or individual can undertake. HMS Law Group attorneys have experience handling all transactional aspects of major private and public construction projects, as well as resolving disputes arising from the construction process.
Contract Review and Negotiation
Thoughtful and strategic contract negotiations are critical to a project’s success. HMS attorneys are experienced with both standard form and custom contracts based on a client’s specific needs, and can assist with:
- Providing early stage design, development, and financing advice with the goal of negotiating appropriate agreements between the parties
- Advising clients on risks and rewards associated with specific provisions in prime contracts, subcontracts, and all other commitment documents used throughout the construction process
- Drafting and negotiating agreements through all stages of construction on behalf of Owners, General Contractors, Subcontractors, and Suppliers to ensure appropriate “pass-through” provisions are implemented
Legal Assistance during Project Management
HMS provides knowledgeable and experienced legal counsel throughout the entire construction process, from bidding through contract negotiation, RFI/change order dispute resolution, and project closeout.
HMS offers a number of dispute resolution services, including:
- Preventing disputes by advising and consulting in the contract negotiation, preparation, and execution stages of a construction project
- Helping clients protect themselves from lien and stop notice claims, or prosecuting such claims when payment is not forthcoming
- Assisting clients with construction bonds based on their particular needs
- Resolving breach of contract claims, changes, delays, disruptions, and virtually any other disputes that arise during the construction process
HMS understands the pressure construction industry professionals face when sorting through ever increasing governmental regulations. HMS attorneys have worked with a myriad of safety and compliance agencies to ensure compliance, establish company systems, and resolve disputes.
Contracting with governments on a federal, state, and local level provides opportunities and challenges that require informed legal advice. HMS can help clients bid and perform government contracts with a wide variety of public entities.
Keeping your company’s staff and executives current on legal issues affecting construction is a critical component of preventing disputes from arising on a project. HMS attorneys are skilled and engaging educators available for seminars and training sessions.